Saturday, May 19, 2012

G - is for Girl Stolen

Sixteen year-old Cheyenne Wilder is sleeping in the back of a car while her mom fills her prescription at the pharmacy. Before Cheyenne realizes what's happening, their car is being stolen--with her inside! Griffin hadn’t meant to kidnap Cheyenne, all he needed to do was steal a car for the others. But once Griffin's dad finds out that Cheyenne’s father is the president of a powerful corporation, everything changes—now there’s a reason to keep her. What Griffin doesn’t know is that Cheyenne is not only sick with pneumonia, she is blind. How will Cheyenne survive this nightmare, and if she does, at what price? (taken from Goodreads)

Wow! Friends had told me about this one a while back but I finally took the time to read it. It helps a little that it can count across all my challenges. G- for Gatsby, I read it in one sitting, and the ongoing page count. (I love when I can multitask.)

Being kidnapped was always a fear of mine. That might have something to do with me being afraid of just about everything, but still it freaks me out. I kept wondering how I would have reacted had it been me. Cheyenne was a rock star. While I would have been crying in a corner Cheyenne keeps her wits about her and is able to weigh her options. This was one that made me think.



No comments:

Post a Comment